Sunday, September 21, 2008

Escaped July 24th to the Wyoming Wind Rivers












John took his annual fishing trip in July for a week and took Hunter for the first time. They prepared the week before getting all the necessary things together; packing their back packs as lite as possible. After adjusting and re-adjusting for a couple of days, John's pack weighed 75lbs. and Hunter's 30lbs. It was hilarious watching Hunter trying out the pack, he was having a hard time just walking up the street, how was he going to make a steep 7 mile hike with that back pack on!! Despite that fact, they headed out at 3 am the morning of the 24th. Alot of prayers were said and tears shed but, Hunter did it and LOVED IT! (you'll notice Hunter's pack magically gets lighter as the hike gets harder, John is a wonderful Dad!)

7 comments:

Mary Child said...

Oh Julee, that's so cool! My Jon is a great dad too and I know Gage will be doing the SAME thing with his dad in a few more years. It is heartwarming as mom to see them bond that way.

Your Hunter is a VERY handsome little guy! He has your features and John's coloring... what a little stud you've got there!!!

Mary Mills said...

Looks like afun trip! The counrty sure is beautiful. What a fun way to bond with Dad!
Fun pictures of the museum. You guys have a beautiful family!

Jenny said...

Julee!!! I can't believe that I have come across your blog. I can't believe how big hunter and olivia are...and that there are 3 more. Ricks College was obviously a long time ago. You look amazing.
Jenny (Murphy) Fuller

Julee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

Hey this is your old roomie - Megan Stringham Calaway! Jenny sent me the link to your blog. You seem to be doing great! I am jealous you have twins.

Shaina said...

Julee!! Nice to find you. The past decade has been good to you. You and your husband and family look beautiful. I love what you wrote on the sidebar about your husband. Very sweet.
Looking forward to catching up!! I'll email you soon.

Bethany said...

Sanchez family! I hope you dont mind, I blog stalked you off Kacie's blog. I still think you are the best looking/nicest family I have met in a long time! Great blog!