Monday, August 23, 2010

Good Bye House




Today I start packing for the BIG move....around the corner. We have anticipated this day for 8 months and now it's here! We are so excited about this new adventure, but a little sad about leaving the house and neighbors. So many fun times! But the really cool thing about this move is, all I have to do if I miss my neighbors is walk around the corner to visit them. Pretty cool. John is mourning all the hard work that went into the yard, but is excited about the possibilities with the new one. I have to admit as well, I'm mourning all the painting I did in this house, but I know that the new owner loves it so that makes me feel better. So here's to you HOUSE~ thanks for all the great memories... You'll be missed.

6 comments:

the reilly's said...

I am so excited for you. I can see the bittersweet feelings you would be having. I wish I could be there to help with anything you need. I can't wait to see the new place in a few months. Hope all is well. The house and yard look great. A lot of hard work for sure.

Jenny said...

We went through this a few months ago when we moved to Utah. It literally was the most favorite years we have spent anywhere as a family. So many great memories in that house. From your blog you all seem to have fun no matter where you are. I am sure you won't have a problem living so close to everyone still. Are the kids in the same school still?

By the way I am in Utah! We should get together after school has been going for a little bit. Today was our first day.

Good luck with packing. Wish I could get up there to help. I have done 16 moves in 17 years. Stan has been along for 8 of those...so he is also a master packer. Keep us updated on how everything goes.

Julee said...

Oh Rachel, I'm the one who wishes I could be of help to you my friend. Can't wait to meet lil' Liam...xo




Jenny I saw you moved to Utah... where are you? It would be great to get together. I'll keep in touch via email because my phone will be cut off probably this weekend. After we get settled in the rental I'll contact you. It's great to hear from you.
Julee

Melissa said...

How sad that even though you're only moving a street a way it will be a different ward! But very exciting that your house sold!

emily ballard said...

Oh, how sad. I guess I was too slow. My plan this summer was to come up and spend the afternoon with you, rocking in chairs and watching all of the kids ride their bikes up and down the street.

I guess those days really are over.

We'll have to stop by sometime and come see your new place.

Savannah said...

We're excited for you to be in our neck of the woods now :) And of corse I think you are wonderful and want to be friends! That was just my insecurities talking. See you on Tuesday? Kim was going to call you I think, we are all going out to eat before Marci and kim move- hope u come!